Free! Scenic autumn views from a chairlift…
Yes, you heard right! FREE! I found this on the Bretton Woods website and I called the canopy tour folks who run the chairlift in the summer through the fall and they confirmed that this is for anyone and not just hotel guests!
You just need to stop in at the Bretton Woods hotel and ask the concierge for a free pass for the family.
I haven’t been on their chairlift so here is a couple of my aerial views from the Cannon Mountain tram a few years back and the scenic autumn views are spectacular (on a clear day). On this late September day, the top of Canon Mt was covered in low clouds and I thought I was walking inside a ping-pong ball. 🙂
Please call to confirm or check this website link to get full details. I haven’t found too many things that were free during the fall foliage season but I do keep my eyes open for family friendly activities that are easy on the pocketbook for families.
You can partake on the top at their restaurant (the Latitude 44) and either ride back down or hike down or they say you can attach your mountain bike and ride it back down, after lunch on the top.
Either way you should have a great time and I hope you also get some spectacular fall foliage views.
- 9am – 5pm, June 21 – September 1, 2014
- 9am – 4pm, September 2 – October 13, 2014
- The Latitude 440 Restaurant, featuring a bar with beer and wine plus light lunch, will be open daily from June 21 – October 13, 2014, 11am until 1-hr prior to lift close.
- Please Notes: These are typical hours of operation, though that schedule is subject to the weather and other factors, so please check the daily Bugle, at the Adventure Center or at the Activities Concierge at The Mount Washington Hotel for the latest schedule.
- Scenic lift rides are complimentary for all ages.
- Limit one complimentary round-trip lift ride per person, per day.
Jeff “Foliage” Folger
but people call me Jeff Foliage.
I have several pages that I write blogs for such as: http://www.4cornersnewengland.com/
My most popular blog is for Leaf peepers: Jeff Foliage.com.
I live in Salem, Massachusetts and work as a blogger and Travel Photographer. I'm also the founder of the New England Photography Guild.
Feel free to visit me on my blogs and see what life in New England is like.
I started with Yankee Magazine as their first blogger on everything fall foliage. Now I blog on my own blog on my favorite subject, telling leaf peepers where the fall foliage is showing up in New England and helping them (to some extent) plan their fall foliage vacations.