How to tell if you are a leaf peeper!
Ok, it’s the middle of the week and there isn’t much new to report until we see how the weather affects us this weekend. So I put this together to help you identify whether or not you are a leaf peeper. The problem is I know I’m a bit obsessed about searching for fall foliage, so what’s your excuse?
If you are reading this then you are probably a leaf peeper. 🙂
You’re a leaf peeper if… you have a bumper sticker that reads “I break for fall foliage”.
- You’re a leaf peeper if… you get into Vermont and feel you’re speeding if you exceed 20mph.
- You’re a leaf peeper if… You count the days until the fall issue of Yankee hits your mailbox
- You’re a leaf peeper if… You know that if the car in front of you is a leaf peeper then you need to give them extra room because at any moment they will pull over to snap a picture of fall foliage.
- You’re a leaf peeper if… you see a branch covered in red and orange and you nearly have an accident looking for more color.
- You’re a leaf peeper if… The perfect day involves apple picking, apple cider, cider donuts, and finding fall foliage, bright fall color over a covered bridge and reflection of all that underneath it.
You’re a leaf peeper if… You made your reservations for next year, even before you left the B&B where you were staying this fall for your fall foliage trip the following year.
- You’re a leaf peeper if… Your big vacation isn’t during the summer but at the beginning of October
- You’re a leaf peeper if… You look forward to the overnight temps in northern VT, NH, and ME dropping into the 40s and the first frost of fall.
- You’re a leaf peeper if… a slow October train ride through foliage filled notch’s in the Mountains sounds like heaven
- You’re a leaf peeper if… a two for one special isn’t found in a store; it means you’ve found a pond with gorgeous color reflected in the mirror like surface.
- You’re a leaf peeper if… You show images of trees with red and gold that you photographed instead of your grand-kids
- You’re a leaf peeper if… You have a Delorme map book for each New England state with all of each your routes marked in it.
- You’re a leaf peeper if… Your friends tell you that you are a bit obsessed with fall foliage. And your new nickname is Ahab and they make a leaf collage in the shape of a whale… No, no one has done this for me, yet.. 🙂
but people call me Jeff Foliage.
I have several pages that I write blogs for such as: http://www.4cornersnewengland.com/
My most popular blog is for Leaf peepers: Jeff Foliage.com.
I live in Salem, Massachusetts and work as a blogger and Travel Photographer. I'm also the founder of the New England Photography Guild.
Feel free to visit me on my blogs and see what life in New England is like.
I started with Yankee Magazine as their first blogger on everything fall foliage. Now I blog on my own blog on my favorite subject, telling leaf peepers where the fall foliage is showing up in New England and helping them (to some extent) plan their fall foliage vacations.